This is today’s most happening job sectors. As Indian cities are transforming more like western countries; new malls & supermarkets etc are opening on every corner.
In this career, most important things are inter-personal communications, social etiquette.
Salary & Career possibilities:
- Sales/Customer Executive: Requires basic knowledge of communication & marketing; Education: 10th or 12th pass; Salary: Rs. 7k & above
- Floor Manager: working under department manager ; Salary: Rs.15k & above
- Department manager: Salary 20k & above
- Assistant manager: Salary Rs. 35k & above
- Store manager: Salary Rs. 50k & above
Where to learn:
- Welingkar Institute
- Garware Institute
- K J Somaiya Institute of management & research
- Indian Retail School
- & Others…
Where to work: Hypermarkets, supermarkets, like Reliance India, Penatloons, Aditya Birla Retail, Barista, Crossword etc.
Who can do this: Anyone with lots of desire & struggling capacity, with good communication skill & bargaining skills are must. 10th/12th can also apply but your personality should be attractive & having degree/post graduation in this field, is like ‘sone pe suhaga’.
Since there is lack of smart, experienced & expert staff in retail so, they are always in search of talented people.
(All the data & links shared above is for information purpose only. Before endorsing, its better to communicate ex-students of respective course & college through different forums)